"Dr. Rahban was so knowledgeable about plastic surgery. He counseled me through all of my options, and gave me his honest opinion about what he thought would work best for me and my lifestyle."
Dana discusses her experience with Dr. Rady Rahban, a breast lift surgeon in Beverly Hills, after undergoing plastic surgery for a Breast Reduction and Breast Lift
What is a breast lift:
A breast lift is called "mastopexy." It will raise and firm your breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue. It's the exact procedure needed to restore sagging breasts to a more youthful placement and tightness.
Candidates For Breast Lift:
- Post-pregnancy. Breasts can stretch and change in shape during and after pregnancy and/or breast-feeding. You may want to have a breast lift in Beverly Hills to restore your breasts to their previous position and appearance.
- Weight fluctuation. If you lost a lot of weight, congratulations! But if you lost weight in your breasts, too, they may now droop or sag in a way they didn't before. A breast lift can change that.
- Gravity and time. It is inevitable. Over time, the effects of gravity will turn perky breasts into droopy breasts, especially if your breasts are full. A breast lift can restore your shape, and your spirits.
- Heredity. Nature is not necessarily fair, and some breasts are just naturally more droopy than others. If you have always wanted to change the way that your breasts sit on your body, now might be the time to make the change.
What you want:
Breasts that are more attractive. Whatever your starting point, you know that you want more attractive, perky breasts. Dr. Rahban, a board-certified plastic surgeon, will start by finding out what you consider to be the most attractive shape for breasts, and then help you determine how best to reach your perfect shape with his breast lift surgery in Beverly Hills.
An effective breast lift. If you are planning surgery, you want to be sure that you get the results that you want from the procedure that you choose, and that your breasts are lifted fully and safely.
Breast lift as part of a mommy makeover:
Dr. Rady Rahban is a specialist in mommy makeovers and its component parts. Because a breast lift, due to pregnancy's affect on the breasts, is often an integral part of a mommy makeover, Dr. Rahban invites you to visit his Beauty After Baby website. Here you will find comprehensive and invaluable data concerning breast lift surgery and many other procedures, as they pertain to mommy makeovers.Visit Beauty After Baby
The Details of Your Breast Lift Consultation
Your breast lift procedure starts with a detailed consultation with Dr. Rahban in his Beverly Hills practice. He believes all breast lifts should be highly-personalized to address your specific goals and concerns. As such, his consultations aim to understand your specific goals, determine your candidacy, and curate the ideal breast lift treatment plan.
The first stage of the breast lift consultation is to determine if you’re a suitable candidate for a breast lift. To that end, he discusses your existing concerns and future goals — you should have realistic expectations from the procedure. He reviews your medical history and recommends some tests to determine if you have underlying health conditions that preclude you from getting a breast lift. If you’re a smoker, you’ll be asked to stop smoking before and after the procedure. You’ll also have to stop taking certain medications that increase the risk of bleeding.
The second stage of the breast lift consultation involves curating the ideal treatment plan. Dr. Rahban examines and measures your breasts’ shape, size, skin quality, and nipple placement. He takes photographs, discusses the outcomes of various techniques, and provides all the information necessary to make an informed decision. He also provides before-and-after images of his patients. In some cases, he may recommend combining a breast lift with an augmentation — breast lifts raise the breasts without affecting the size. As such, Dr. Rahban collaboratively curates the ideal breast lift treatment plan with you.
The entire breast lift consultation at his Beverly Hills office lasts approximately one hour, but you can make it go longer if necessary. By the time you leave, all your questions and concerns should be answered.
A successful breast lift depends on selecting the right surgical technique for the job. Patients worry about scars, but the scars heal incredibly well. It's much more important that you select the type of surgery that will actually get you the results that you want. You want to look better, not just different." Dr. Rady Rahban
What you want to know about your breast lift surgery:
Your breast lift surgery is an out-patient procedure, but that doesn't mean that it is minor surgery, or that it will be brief. After your consultation and examination at his office in Beverly Hills, Dr. Rahban will be able to estimate for you the length of time that you can expect your breast lift procedure to take. Dr. Rahban will want to take his time, and make sure that your results are balanced and beautiful.
"Remember: if it's made by hand, it takes time." – Dr. Rady Rahban
For the best possible results, expect that your surgery will be performed while you are under a general anesthetic.
- You and Dr. Rahban will select the technique that is right for you.
Breast lifts can be done in three different ways, and Dr. Rahban will want to be sure to use the right one for your surgery. The choice of technique will depend on many factors, including the size of your breasts, the size of your nipples, your body frame and size, and the exact problem that you are trying to solve. These are the possibilities:
- Donut Lift - Also known as a Circumareolar Lift, this technique is best used for slight nipple asymmetry or a mild lift. First, Dr. Rahban makes a doughnut-shaped incision around the areola to remove tissue. Then he cinches the breast skin to tighten it. This is less effective than a full mastopexy, but leaves a less noticeable scar.
- Lollipop Lift – This is also called the Vertical Mastopexy. In this lift, a lollipop-shaped incision is made from the crease of the breast vertically up to and surrounding the nipple. This is a very effective lift for many women with low hanging breasts.
- Anchor Lift - The incision in this lift is shaped like an anchor. It is similar to the lollipop, but also travels along the breast crease. This is the most invasive breast lift procedure, but very effective for women with very droopy breasts, or a long inframammary fold (distance from breast crease to nipple).
What you can expect after breast lift surgery:
Same day. You will be closely monitored and cared for in our surgery center until you are ready to go home. You'll need someone to drive you home and help you for the first 24 hours after your surgery. When you arrive home, it's important to lie down and rest with pillows to support your back and arms. Make sure that your medications are within easy reach, and have ice packs available to place over your breasts.
First week. You should expect about 1-3 days of chest discomfort. Some bruising and swelling is normal and expected. Your breasts will settle into place in a few
weeks. Most patients return to work in 5-7 days.
Six weeks. You will need to avoid strenuous exercise while you are healing. Dr. Rahban will want to see you again to check on your progress.
1 year. You'll look and feel great. Any swelling and bruising should be gone, and your scars will not be very noticeable.
What Our Breast Lift Patients Say: Robin C.
"As a mother of 2 kids and a chest that showed signs of breastfeeding those 2 kids, I wanted a breast lift and implants. I didn't want anything over the top, but I wanted to look like I used to before kids.
"Dr. Rahban was so knowledgeable about plastic surgery. He counseled me through all of my options, and gave me his honest opinion about what he thought would work best for me and my lifestyle. He was so kind and calm about procedures, cost, timeframe, etc. He walked me through each step with reassurance.
"And the results? Wow. He did a fantastic job. They look natural, the scars are minimal (and fading everyday) and I am so happy with the end result. And don't even get me started on the office staff....They are total sweethearts, very informed about the practice and work with you through the entire process.
"I would highly recommend Dr. Rahban. Great surgeon." - Robin C.
Come in for a Consultation with Dr. Rahban
When Dr. Rahban does a consultation with a prospective patient, he wants it to be two things above all others: thorough and honest. He will find out from you just what you want from cosmetic surgery. And he will tell you honestly if you can get the result you want, and how he can best help you do so.