University of California, San Diego School of Medicine
Ranked in top 10%
- 1992 – 1996
University of California, Los Angeles B.S. in Biochemistry
Summa Cum Laude + Department Highest Honors
- 2005 – 2006
University of Southern California, Plastic Surgery Chief Resident
- 2003 – 2005
University of Southern California, Plastic Surgery Residency
- 2001 – 2003
University of Southern California, General Surgery Residency
- 2000 – 2001
University of Southern California, General Surgery Internship
- 2016 Member of The Rhinoplasty Society
- 2009 Member of the American College of Surgeons (F.A.C.S.)
- 2008 Member of American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- 2007 Certified by American Board of Plastic Surgery
- 2001 Medical Board of California
- 2001 DEA
- Rahban SR, Gross J. A New Approach to Correction of Truncal Redundancy Following Massive Weight Loss, the Lateral Thoracoabdominoplasty (L-TAP). Aesthetic Surgery Journal 2007;27(5): 518-523
- Sherman R, Rahban S, Pollak AN: Timing of wound coverage in extremity war injuries. Journal of AAOS, September 2006;14(Supplement)
- Rahban SR, Gross J. A New Approach to Correction of Truncal Redundancy Following Massive Weight Loss, the Lateral Thoracoabdominoplasty (L-TAP). Abstract presented at Senior Residents Conference 3/2006
- Sherman R, Rahban SR. Gastrocnemius and Soleus Rotational Muscle Flaps: Soft Tissue Coverage. Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery - Fractures. Lippincott 2006, 2nd Ed 783-795.
- Nguyen TA, Rahban SR, Sherman R. Suture Materials and Techniques: An Overview. Round Tables in Plastic Surgery 2006;1(4): 3-20
- Rahban SR, Garner WL. Fibroproliferative scars. Clin Plastic Surg 2003;30:77-89.
- Chasan PE, Rahban SR. Pre-sacral donor site for lip augmentation. Aesthetic Plast Surg 2000;24(1): 31-33.
- Rahban SR, Wilde MK, Chasan PE.Skin-sparing mastectomy with Sun-Flap closure. Ann Plast Surg1999;43(4): 452-454
- Spanish - Fluent
- Farsi - Fluent
- Painting, Photography, Scuba Diving, Cycling, Snow Boarding, World Traveling
Come in for a Consultation with Dr. Rahban
When Dr. Rahban does a consultation with a prospective patient, he wants it to be two things above all others: thorough and honest. He will find out from you just what you want from cosmetic surgery. And he will tell you honestly if you can get the result you want, and how he can best help you do so.